Howdy folks! We’re a little bit behind schedule…well, not we, I AM thanks to my fantastic habit of making myself way busier than I probably should be…but I digress.
I’d like to introduce an awesome little trio I came across one night through etsy. I was looking for unique and eye-catching shirt designs when I came across the awesome corset shirt that is the featured image of this post. Not only was I drawn in by the design and intricacy of the print, but as I scanned through their beautiful work, their photography is dead-on–>creative, funky, and memorable. Without further ado, meet Autumn Walters, Martin Obakke, and Celena Cavala of
1. Who are you fine people? and do tell us a bit about yourselves?
We’re 3 good friends with lots of ideas who thought fashion was a good place to express them. Autumn Walters is the designer and Martin Obakke the artist while Celena Cavala helps with both and takes care of customers and online presence.
2. What are some of your favorite things to do?
Create, Create, Create! Basically. And Nature.
3. Describe your partners in 3 words:
Creative. Relentless. Super Fun.
4. How would you describe your artistic style?
Street Fairytale & Steampunk Inspired
5. What kinds of things do you make and sell?
Leggings, tops, skirts, some girls clothing..
6. If you had to be trapped in a book, which one would it be and why?
Celena: Bellefleur [Joyce Carol Oates] Martin: Siddhartha [Hermann Hesse]
Autumn doesn’t know how to read;)
7. Where did the inspiration for your shop name, Carousel INK, come from?
We liked the Imagery of a carousel stamping out unique wearable Art.
8. What drew you to creating?
Just good ol’ Life on both sides of the veil of Reality.
9. Do you have any other job aside from your awesome shop?
Autumn is a costume designer at a company. Celena & Martin are dollmakers and Fairytalists with ‘the Filigree’ – (thefiligree.com)
10. How is the group dynamic?
Great! CElena & Autumn have known eacother since they were Wee and Martin has been adopted in. (He’s Celena’s husband
11. Describe a normal work day.
Get up. Ship orders. Take care of Customers. Work on projects. Make a doll or a drawing. Talk, talk, talk.
12. What words of wisdom could would you give to aspiring creatives wanting to take that next step?
It takes a *ton* of work. 15 hours a day, every single day for years! You have to work on what really matters and what you believe in so that you’re passionate enough to spend this amount of time. ~ But it’s always fun.
Check out this awesome trio further at their store:
And get to know them all individually:
Friends for Life—Autumn, Celena & Martin form a dynamic trio. Autumn http://www.deadmoon.etsy.com & http://www.zaylamoon.etsy.com designs and fabricates all the clothing, Martin Obakke, http://www.thefiligree.etsy.com adds his original hand drawn illustrations while Celena Cavala,http://www.thefiligree.etsy.com maintains the insanity/chaos as Ringmaster.
A BIG thank you to Celena (and the crew) for taking the time out of their busy lives to virtually sit down with me!! You guys ROCK!! Keep doing what you do!!!